Wednesday, October 14, 2009

9/17/09- Our Wedding Day

I have been such a slacker. I got our pictures over a week or so ago but I just haven't felt like blogging. (WARNING: This post IS a picture overload. I tried to narrow down to my favorites... but I had ALOT!)
I cant believe that its almost been a month already!! It still feels like it was yesterday! It was the best day EVER. After six months of planning, everything turned out wonderfully. We got sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on September 17Th 2009. The day was beautiful, and unusually hot for mid-September. I think it got up to 80 degrees that day!! We had so many family and friends there supporting us.





My cute family!

My new family!

Friends!


Here are some of my favorites:

















We had our luncheon at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It had the best view!! We could see the temple out of one window and the State Capital out the other!

My mom made us some apron/bibs so that we wouldn't get food on us. They were hilarious. As you can tell they look like a bride and groom. She even put padding in mine for the boobies. They kept getting in my way. haha



We had our reception at Heritage Gardens in Sandy. I couldn't have picked a better place.


Groom & Groomsmen:

Chris Liddiard, Jake Moore, Colby Moore, Ryan Moore (Groom), Jordan Neves, and Zach Druce.



Bride & Bridesmaids:

Rachel Liddiard, McKenzie Moore, ME!, Kayla May, Callee Shumway, and Jessica Fronce.





Since Ryans birthday was two days after our wedding, I surprised him with a toast to have everyone at our reception sing him happy birthday. We even got a piece of cheesecake with a candle in it. I dont think he was too mad at me.



Daddy-daughter dance to Always by Bobby Darin.



First dance to Dont Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith. Only the second time I cried all day!



And of course we had to be goofy for a minute during it.



Afterwards we just had dancing! Boy is it hard to line dance in a big poofy dress!!












I couldn't have asked for a better day! Everything went so smoothly and WAY too fast. Thanks to everyone that came to support us and that helped make the day so great!! I tried to post our video but I really am not sure how!
Our friends Ted & Breauna got to be on Utah Bride Blog and I thought it was such a cute idea... so I am going to copy it a little bit!
How we met: We actually went to high school together and graduated the same year but never really knew each other. A mutual friend that didn't even go to our high school suggested that we go out. We both weren't looking for anything serious but decided to hang out anyways. Here we are almost two years later!
Our first date: He picked me up late at night to go see a movie. Sure enough he was in his sweatpants. Some how he got me to tickle his back the ENTIRE movie. He wonders why I don't do that anymore. haha. I think we saw Dan in Real Life.
How he proposed: We went snowboarding one day and as we were coming up to the top of the mountain he suggested that we get a picture. I happily abliged and went to go take off my board as he went to find someone to take our picture. When he came back he bent down to take of his board and thats when he dropped one knee and whooped out the ring. I was so surprised. He did such a good job.
My Vendors:
Dress: Fairy Godmothers Bridal. I would recommend her to anyone. Its a lady that runs it out of her house. She has a very large selection and very good prices! My dress was the second one I tried on.
Bridesmaid Dresses: I just had my bridesmaid find their own dresses and shoes. I got their undershirts at Down East Basics, bracelets at Icing and I made their earrings.
Tuxes: A Tip Top Tux. Also ran out of a someones house. Very good price!!

Flowers: Jessica Miller. She did an amazing job. The flowers were EXACTLY what I wanted.

Rings: Rocky Mountain Diamond Co. Great customer service. They are hidden downtown and you need an appointment to go. They are a wholesaler and dont really sell to the public unless by referral.
Photography & Videography: Pointe Digital Photography. I had a few friends that had used these guys for their wedding and I heard nothing but good things. I love their work and April and Davey were AMAZING to work with. They also made our sign in book.
Cake: Cindy Crump. She works out of Heritage Gardens. Does great work and for a good price!

DJ: Rick Sutter. He was very nice and easy to work with. He does it as a part time job and is very inexpensive.

Hair & Makeup: My dear friend Ashli Paynter! She does hair out of her basement. She does such a great job!! Even though we had a misunderstanding about the time she was supposed to come to my house that morning she was so sweet about it. Love you Ash!

Favors: Delamare Candy. They made customized taffy that had our names and the date on it! Super yummy too!! Vanilla and fruity flavors. We put them in chinese take out boxes, put a sticker on the front and tied a bow on them! So cute!! Not to mention not too expensive!

Thats all for now! Honeymoon post coming soon!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Fabulous! What a cute post...that will be so nice to have down the road! It was such a beautiful wedding - seriously! I LOVED all your pictures! So fun, I hope life as the newlyweds is going well! See ya!

Brittany and Dallin said...

Your wedding was so beautiful! I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to the reception, but so happy I got to attend the sealing. You are so wonderful and I wish you such a happy life together!

Jacquie Lyn said...

Awww you put up a pic of me with your bouquet! How cute! I was so flippin excited that I caught it! You looked absolutely stunning on your wedding day! So beautiful! Love you lots!