Monday, May 17, 2010

Moab 2010!

We made a lil weekend getaway to Moab with Chris & Rachel.
I was excited for this trip for a few reasons:
1. Road trip
2. Camping
3. Relaxation
4. LOTS of yummy food!
5. Hiking
6. Sunshine
&
7. Actually giving me something to blog about!
(windmills right outside of Spanish Fork Canyon)
Life has felt quite monotonous as of late.
So this was a nice break from the normal routine.
Something about being out in nature and ruggin it sure is relaxing.
I slept practically the whole drive there.
It helped that it was raining an overcast.
That's my favorite for road trips.
We arrived to our shed of a cabin that was barley big enough for two full sized beds:
Gotta LOVE the wood paneling right?
And how kind of them to make it homier by hanging pictures on the wall.
We got probably the most ghetto cabin that was available.
It looked as if all the other cabins had been remodeled.
But it did its job.
It POURED rain our first night there.
Not to mention cotton was flying EVERYWHERE.
SNEEZE!

After running around town trying to find a coffee maker for Rachel,
we locked ourselves in the cabin and played catch phrase till the wee hours of the morning.
That game is INTENSE!

We woke up at 11:30 the next morning
and realized we needed to get goin!
We headed over to Arches National Park.
Stopped at Balance Rock:
Hiked to Delicate Arch and realized how out of shape I actually am:
(don't mind the hair. It was windy!)
Something about these amazing natural structures takes my breath away and gives me goose bumps.
3 mile hike to Delicate Arch= 2 hour hike.
3 mile hike to Delicate Arch with husbands that have to climb to the top of every rock pretending to be Bear Grylls and want us to take their pictures=4.5 hour hike.
Then we stopped by the North & South Windows:
A full day of hiking + the sun= one tired Nessa.
That night we relaxed, ate dinner and some GIANT marshmellow's & smore's,
(holy belly ache!) And got into yet another intense game of Catch Phrase around the fire.
It sure is hard to stay somewhat quiet during that game.
We played well past the noise curfew.
I'm honestly surprise we didn't get the cops called on us for a noise complaint.
But I did sleep incredibly well that night.
Sunday was pretty uneventful.
We went up to Dead Horse Point with Rachel's family.
Took an afternoon nap
and headed home.
Cabin #3 baby!I'm feeling nice and refreshed!
I didn't get a tan,
but managed to get my fair share of bug bites.
Time to hit the tanning bed.

3 comments:

Taylor and Tawni said...

Cute Nessa! I'm jealous! Glad you had fun! PS, Catch phrase is my favorite camping game!

Lindsay said...

HOW FUN! Those pictures at Delicate Arch are breathtaking! What gorgeous shots! Looks like fun. What a great little getaway!

Courtney and Dan Archer said...

Looks like you had so much fun!! So jealous! Can't wait for my vacation!!